1. Lots of birthdays this week! // I always find it so fascinating how quick a year can go by. It honestly feels like just last week we were at Jax’s Super Mario Themed birthday party. This year my little man turns six. Six, people! He’s also turning into quite the little grown up… we are going to the movies instead of having a themed birthday this year… by his request. And my amazing younger sister Amanda also turned 27 this week… boy, I feel old now.
2. Some pretty sweet shoutouts // This little blog here has been catching the eye of some wonderful people this week. First up, the talented people over at The Luxe Life included me on their list of 6 Canadian Bloggers You Need to Know About. Amazing right? The social team at Leon’s also took notice of a few of my living room posts, and gave me a fun shoutout on Twitter and their Facebook page. Thanks everyone, it’s incredibly humbling to know you find my content inspiring enough to share with your audiences!
3. Quick mid-week trip to San Jose & San Fran // I headed back out to the West coast this week for a quicky three day, mid-week business trip. My colleague Katie and I were lucky enough to find ourselves with 6 hours of downtime on Wednesday afternoon (which doesn’t happen all too often), so we seized the opportunity to take the train up to San Francisco from San Jose. After checking out the bay bridge and the Ferry Building, we headed to dinner at Marketbar. Salmon Bruschetta, Crab Mac’n’Cheese, Mushroom Flatbread, Ricotta Ravioli, and Crab Devilled Eggs went down all to quickly with a couple delicious Pomegranate Lemonade cocktails. The perfect way end the trip.
4. Creamy Blue Cheese Mushrooms Over Toast // I’ve been craving this dish all week! On Monday night I found myself in an “appetizer-for-dinner-mood,” and whipped up this very simple creamy mushrooms on toast. Boy was it ever good! And easy too! Sauté a variety of sliced mushrooms (I used portabella and enoki) with onions and garlic. Pour in some heavy cream and a sprinkling of flour. Add a heaping spoonful of blue cheese (or more if you really like the full flavour) and heat until sauce thickens and cheese melts. Serve over toasted slices of baguette. Yum!
5. Lobsterfest! // It’s that time of year again; all-you-can-eat Lobsterfest at Bingeman’s! This will be our 3rd year attending and it never disappoints. Warning: things could get a little braggy on Instagram tonight! #ILoveLobster
6. Project Backyard // As many of you know I’ve been working with the generous people at The Home Depot to finally finish my backyard. We’ve excavated, poured the concrete, purchased the patio furniture… now we are just waiting for the grass to grow (literally!) before presenting you with the total reveal. Stay tuned for all the DIY details!
7. Three weeks until vacation time! // It’s officially, official. Everything for our East coast roadtrip is booked! “J” and I, along with our recently married friends, will be flying out to beautiful Nova Scotia on June 27th. We’re taking the week to drive around the entire province exploring, hiking, taking pictures, eating, and of course celebrating Canada Day! Any tips or must see places? Let me know!
Hope you all have a phenomenal weekend!