This post has been sponsored by Yalumba Wine.
Nothing says “fun and fancy Friday” like lobster sliders and wine!
The high-quality sustainably sourced lobster, courtesy of my friends at Chef’s Vault, is gently poached in butter before being served on a toasted slider bun with a quick béarnaise mayo made using Yalumba Wine’s Y Series Viognier. It’s definitely a meal to look forward to after a busy week!
The fact that this dish rates a 100 on my “OMG it’s delicious scale” isn’t even the best part…. it’s the fact that it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. Because who wants to come home on a Friday night and cook for 45 minutes? Am I right?
So let’s talk about these sliders!
They look super fancy, but couldn’t be easier to make! Once thawed, the lobster meat is slowly poached in butter, enhancing the richness and creating a texture that is soft and delicate – no rubbery, tough lobster here! I have to say if you are going to make these sliders be sure to use a high-quality, sustainably sourced lobster, not the ho-hum stuff you find at the grocery store. I recommend ordering from Chef’s Vault, where you can find restaurant-quality meats and seafood, delivered right to your front door. Chef’s Vault sources all their lobster from local fishermen in Nova Scotia who use pressurized, highly purified water as a means to remove the meat (as opposed to heat and additives) which leaves the meat completely raw and preserves its natural flavour.
While the lobster cooks, toast the brioche slider buns and make the quick béarnaise mayo. Now, a traditional béarnaise sauce is made with clarified butter and egg yolks and is typically served over steak or poached eggs, but this version is quicker, just as flavourful, and perfect with the buttery lobster! And I have to say, including the wine is a must! Choose a medium body wine that has a slight oily character to add weight, like Yalumba’s Y Series Viognier. Mix all your ingredients together, and voila! It really couldn’t be easier!
Spread the toasted bun with a generous tablespoon of béarnaise mayo, top with poached lobster, sprinkle with some fresh pea shoots, and serve alongside a glass of Y Series Viognier!
Yalumba’s Y Series Viognier is the perfect wine pairing for this meal. As a weekend wine drinker, I always reach for a bottle that is versatile, flavourful and can complement a wide range of foods, which is why this Viognier is at the top of my list. Often described as the “red wine drinker’s white” due to its full-bodiedness, its intense, long and refreshing palate makes the Y Series Viognier a riskless adventure into experimenting with this varietal.
Versatility and flavour aren’t the only reasons why I choose wine by Yalumba, who are pioneers of the Viognier varietal in the new world. As one of Australia’s oldest family-owned wineries, they know a thing or two about making wine. Sustainability has always been at the forefront of their efforts. Yalumba has been awarded 43 global accolades for sustainable practices, striving to make as little impact on the natural environment as possible during their winemaking process.
Without a doubt, these lobster sliders and Viognier will become your regular, go-to Friday night feast.Print
These Lobster Sliders with a Quick Béarnaise Mayonnaise will become a Friday night favourite! High-quality sustainably sourced lobster, courtesy of Chef’s Vault, is gently poached in butter before being served on a toasted slider bun with a quick béarnaise mayo made with Yalumba Wine’s Y Series Viognier.
Please enjoy responsibly.
Butter Poached Lobster Slider
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 16 oz lobster claw & knuckle meat from Chef’s Vault
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 8–10 brioche slider buns, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh pea shoots
Quick Béarnaise Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp finely minced shallot
- 2 tbsp Yalumba Wine’s Y Series Viognier wine
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped tarragon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
- In a large pan, over medium-low heat, gently melt butter. Do not allow it to boil. Add raw lobster and allow it to poach for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to overcook lobster. Poached lobster should have an internal temperature of about 145°F. Sprinkle with chives.
- While the lobster poaches, prepare the Quick Béarnaise Mayonnaise. Pour all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Set aside until ready to use.
- To assemble sliders, spread 1 tbsp of mayo over toasted bun. Top with 2 oz of lobster. Sprinkle with fresh pea shoot. Serve immediately with a glass of Yalumba Wine’s Y Series Viognier.
Keywords: Lobster Sliders, Lobster Roll, Lobster Sandwich
Yalumba Y Series Viognier
- Pronunciation: VEE-ON-YAY
- Winery: Yalumba, the oldest family-owned winery in Australia established in 1849
- Tasting Notes: Fresh, flavorful, and fruit-driven typically with notes of tangerine, honeysuckle, mango, and peach.
- Vegan: Yes
- Price Point: $14.95 at the LCBO
If you haven’t tried Chef’s Vault, give them a try! Click here for a special 20% off coupon to use on your next order.
Please enjoy responsibly.