When I was a kid, there was one treat that always made its way into my lunch… Rice Crispy Treats.
You know the ones I’m talking about… they are wrapped in foil and taste like artificial chemicals. Still, as I kid I would eagerly gobble them up before forcing down the bologna + single-slice sandwich (kids of the early 90s, who can relate?).
Yesterday was one of those days where I craved the simplicity of being a kid again. Totally overwhelmed by my grown-up to-do list, I found myself dreaming about Rice Crispy Squares. Alas, the only cereal I had in my cupboard was Lucky Charms (thanks RCSS for the bonus cereal box!). It only made sense, with St Patrick’s Day coming up, that I would make a magically delicious version of the classic crispy treat.
Is there anything more magical and colourful than these? I don’t think so! So if you have any St Patrick’s Day plans for next week, it better include these treats!
And good luck not eating the entire batch in one sitting! 🍀Print
Consider yourself lucky if you manage to only eat just one of these ooey-gooey marshmallow treats! This colourful, St Patrick’s Day-inspired take on classic rice crispy treats will surely brighten any day. Make an extra-large batch because these “magically delicious” treats won’t last long!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 (12-oz.) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 family-sized box of Lucky Charms cereal
- 1 tbsp colourful sprinkles (optional)
- Spray a 9″ x 9″ baking pan with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in Lucky Charms.
- Pour into pan and even top; don’t pack it too tightly. Sprinkle with colourful sprinkles and/or top with additional Lucky Charms marshmallows.
- Let cool before slicing. Enjoy! 🍀
Keywords: Crispy Treats, Lucky Charms Treats, Rice Crispy Squares