This recipe has been sponsored by HelloFresh.
There’s no denying it, this year has been a weird one. Normally by now, I’d be busy running around Christmas shopping, scrubbing my house from top to bottom, and planning my holiday feasts. This year’s reality? I’m done my Christmas shopping (thanks online shopping), my house is a complete disaster (why clean when no one is coming over?) and my holiday “feast” will be enough to feed 2.5 people!
Don’t get me wrong, I’m still busy, but it’s a different kind of busy. With Emily still not in daycare, and both my husband and I working full-time jobs, it’s a juggling act, to say the least. And the very last thing I want on my mind is “what’s for dinner?”
As much as I LOVE cooking and coming up with new and exciting recipes, this year has not been one where I have the luxury of time. Honestly, my saving grace has been meal kit services, like HelloFresh. Each week they send you all the necessary ingredients to make a delicious and healthy dinner so you don’t have to worry about meal planning. I’m all about delegation these days 😉
Beyond the obvious benefits of having your weekly meals planned and delivered, there is a secret, hidden benefit that most people don’t know about…. want to know what it is?
The HelloFresh recipe library. It’s one of the most delicious recipe libraries on the internet! What I love most about this library is the recipes are tried, tested and true. If you’ve been burned in the past by recipes that look good online but end up being an epic “Pinterest fail” when you make them at home, then you’ll appreciate these recipes… after all, they’ve been delivered to hundreds of thousands of happy HelloFresh customers all over the world.
Today, I’m partnering with HelloFresh to showcase their extensive recipe library and share this quick and easy recipe for Lebanese Beef & Feta Meatballs! This recipe turned out exactly how I expected – fast, tasty, and no surprises (or fails). I doubled the recipe, making an extra-large batch so that we could enjoy it for lunch the next day.Print
This dish is brimming with colour and flavour! Herb-packed tabbouleh, mildly spiced beef meatballs and a creamy hummus dressing all come together for a delightful weeknight feast.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 small Roma tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Shawarma Spice Blend
- 2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup hummus
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-inch thick half-moons. Cut tomato into 1/2-inch pieces. Zest, then juice half the lemon. Cut any remaining lemon into wedges. Roughly chop the parsley.
- Combine beef, breadcrumbs, Shawarma spice blend and feta in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Form mixture into 8 equal-sized meatballs. Arrange meatballs on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in the middle of the oven, until golden and cooked through, 12-14 min.
- Heat a medium pot over medium heat. When hot, add 1 tbsp butter and 2/3 cup water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove pot from heat, stir in couscous, then cover and let stand, until tender and liquid is absorbed, 5-6 min. When couscous is tender, fluff with a fork. Stir in tomatoes, lemon zest, half the lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1/2 tbsp oil, then zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, 4-5 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- While zucchini cooks, stir together hummus, remaining lemon juice and 1 tbsp water in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- Divide couscous tabbouleh between bowls. Top with zucchini and meatballs. Top with a hummus drizzle and squeeze over a lemon wedge, if desired.
Recipe contains sesame, milk and wheat.
If you’re looking for recipes that are fast and easy, perfect for busy weeknights, or delicious enough to serve at your household holiday feast, check out some of the most popular recipes on HelloFresh! You’re sure to find something you’ll love!