This dish is brimming with colour and flavour! Herb-packed tabbouleh, mildly spiced beef meatballs and a creamy hummus dressing all come together for a delightful weeknight feast.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 small Roma tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Shawarma Spice Blend
- 2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup hummus
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-inch thick half-moons. Cut tomato into 1/2-inch pieces. Zest, then juice half the lemon. Cut any remaining lemon into wedges. Roughly chop the parsley.
- Combine beef, breadcrumbs, Shawarma spice blend and feta in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Form mixture into 8 equal-sized meatballs. Arrange meatballs on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in the middle of the oven, until golden and cooked through, 12-14 min.
- Heat a medium pot over medium heat. When hot, add 1 tbsp butter and 2/3 cup water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove pot from heat, stir in couscous, then cover and let stand, until tender and liquid is absorbed, 5-6 min. When couscous is tender, fluff with a fork. Stir in tomatoes, lemon zest, half the lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1/2 tbsp oil, then zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, 4-5 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- While zucchini cooks, stir together hummus, remaining lemon juice and 1 tbsp water in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- Divide couscous tabbouleh between bowls. Top with zucchini and meatballs. Top with a hummus drizzle and squeeze over a lemon wedge, if desired.
Recipe contains sesame, milk and wheat.