It’s always hard to face the fact that summer is coming to an end. I know it’s only the first week of September and we still have some sunny & warm days ahead, but it seems like these days go by in the blink of an eye.
I went to the market on the weekend and realized that I could very well be picking up the last of the local strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. The diminishing displays are a telltale sign of the end of summer.
So when I got home I asked myself, “what is the best way to use up all these summer fruits while commemorating a memorable summer?” Sangria! And this sangria sure hits the spot! Exploding with all the best fruits summer has to offer – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and peaches, it’s a refreshing and colourful way to end the season!
So if you’re looking for not only the tastiest sangria recipe on the planet, but the easiest, this one is for you!Print
There is nothing more refreshing than a sangria on a hot summer afternoon. What’s great about sangria’s is they are totally customizable and can be prepared quickly and easily. Whether you are mixing up a batch for a party, or for you to enjoy on the patio, sangria’s are the drink of summer!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bottles (1.5L) of red wine
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 bottle (1L) club soda
- 3 cups Sprite
- 4 cups of assorted fresh sliced fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, grapes, peaches, oranges)
- Make a simple syrup by boiling equal parts water and sugar until the sugar dissolves; approximately 5-8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Mix simple syrup with red wine, pineapple juice, club soda, and sprite.
- Add sliced fruit and 2-3 cups of ice cubes.
- Serve sangria over ice.
Keywords: Summer Sangria, Easy Sangria, Red Wine Sangria
Cheers to a wonderful long weekend!