I’m a GSD kind-of girl, so when “J” and I were unable to finish all the backyard projects we had planned last summer I was a little bummed. Don’t get me wrong, we accomplished A LOT, and I was happy to get that far, but we didn’t complete it to the point where we could relax & enjoy the fruits of our labour (aka: put our feet up and do nothing for the rest of the summer)!
For the past few months, “J” and I have been carefully plotting our plan of attack for this list. As with any “to-do” list, as soon as we stroke-off one thing we add three more, but we are determined to get this backyard oasis built & finished this summer, and as daunting as this list might seem there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Backyard To-Do List:
- Create stamped concrete patio area
- Excavate to remove/level the patio area
- Build concrete forms
- Line with A-gravel and install rebar
- Mix, pour, colour and stamp concrete
- Create flower garden in back corner of yard
- Build a stone retaining wall between our flowerbed and fence (complete).
- Re-edge garden
- Plant low maintenance shrubs, flowers, and grasses
- Build a 10×10 shed.
- Run gas line for natural gas BBQ (complete)
- Purchase natural gas BBQ
- Accessorize backyard & purchase new patio furniture set
- Host a “Backyard BBQ” party to celebrate project completion!
Big list huh? Well, I am pretty excited to announce that with help from the wonderful people at The Home Depot, we will be starting the stamped concrete patio next weekend (stay tuned from more details on that), and everything after that should fall into place. You see that? That tiny light at the end of the tunnel? I’m coming for you!
Do you have backyard plans this summer? Any big projects to tackle?