What a lovely spring day. My windows are open, there is a refreshing spring breeze gentle whisping through the house, the birds are chirping, the sun is shinning… finally, I feel as though spring has truly arrived.
It’s going to be a beautiful weekend, so let’s spend our time celebrating those special women in our lives – moms! Yes, those patient humans who put up with our whining, crying, hitting, biting, and fighting for all those years. Those wonderful humans who did our laundry, made us dinner, and shuttled us around.
Those loving humans who picked us up, tucked us in, and whispered “I love you” every night before bed. To all you moms out there, thank you. Thank you for being the beautiful human beings you are. Being a mother is a full time job, and no one does it better than you. Now, let’s get you some well-deserved breakfast in bed!
Lemon Pancakes Topped with Strawberries
These light and fluffy pancakes are perfect for a breakfast-in-bed feast. The hint of lemon is complemented perfectly by the fresh strawberries and sweet maple syrup.
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup sugar
juice of 1 large lemon
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda & powder, and salt.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together sugar and lemon. Add buttermilk, egg, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
3. Pour wet ingredients in with dry and whisk just until incorporated (it might look a little lumpy).
4. Using a ladle, spoon batter onto pan preheated over medium heat. When tiny bubbles start to form around the edges of the batter flip the pancake. Cook 2 minutes or until middle is no longer wet.
5. Repeat until all remaining batter is used.
6. Serve pancakes hot, topped with strawberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
How will you be celebrating Mother’s Day?