Leftovers. I could live off leftovers… and to be honest some nights I do. But let me tell you, there is nothing like Christmas dinner leftovers. The turkey tastes better, the stuffing tastes better, the potatoes taste better… or maybe I’m just that hungry…
Anyways, one thing that is always guaranteed to be left over is scalloped potatoes. You probably ask how? But when you are feeding a family of 20+ you take no chances, and always make more than what we need… heaven forbid someone did not get potatoes!
So, seeing you have a massive amount of potatoes left over, why not incorporate into breakfast! Yes, I said scalloped potatoes at breakfast! Mmmm…
Leftover scalloped potatoes become the delicious crust of this easy to prepare quiche! Perfect for breakfast on Boxing Day!
About 2 spoonfuls of leftover scalloped potatoes (cheese and all)
3 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
salt & pepper
1/2 green pepper, diced
10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1/4 onion, diced
Add any other fresh veggies you have on hand or add extra cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray baking dish with Pam and line with cold leftover potatoes. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are hot.
2. While potatoes cook, chop up veggies. In a bowl, mix eggs with milk, salt & pepper.
3. Layer diced veggies over hot potatoes. Pour egg mixture over.
4. Return to oven and bake another 15 minutes, or until eggs are set and no longer runny.
5. Serve hot for a lovely Boxing Day brunch!
What’s your favourite leftover, besides dessert… because I don’t know a single soul that doesn’t like leftover dessert?