Guys. I am ready for Fall. I’m ready for the fuzzy sweaters, big scarves and plush slippers. I’m ready for the crunchy leaves, frosty mornings and shorter days. I’m ready for rich and hearty squash bisque, roast beef, and stew.
In these parts Summer just doesn’t want to leave. While it might not feel like Fall yet, I am craving typical Fall fare. Casseroles, soups, pasta … not only do they fill you up, they stick to your ribs and make you feel all warm and cozy!
One dish that always finds its way into my weekly rotation come Fall is hearty Chicken Thighs & Creamy Mushroom Rice. It might sound complicated, but I can assure you, you won’t be slaving away for hours in the kitchen! This recipe is quick and easy to prepare any night of the week thanks to Minute Rice! Because Minute Rice is pre-cooked, dehydrated rice, it cooks up in a fraction of the time, getting your meal on the table in less than 30 minutes! Not to mention it’s preservative free!
Chicken Thighs with Creamy Mushroom Rice
Golden chicken thighs are served atop rich and creamy mushroom rice. The rice gets a nice punch of umami from earthy mushrooms and flavourful Parmesan cheese. Best of all, it’s all done in one pan so clean up is a breeze! That’s what I call a #WeekdayWin!
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced (crimini, portabella, shiitake)
1 tbsp butter
1 shallot, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh thyme
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1/4 cup white wine, or chicken stock
1 1/2 cups cream (table cream or heavy cream)
1 cup Original Minute Rice
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
Garnish: Chopped parsley
1. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown chicken thighs, 5-7 minutes on either side. Remove chicken thighs from pan, cover with foil and set aside.
2. To the same pan used for the chicken add sliced mushrooms over medium-high heat. Saute 2-3 minutes, just until they begin to release their moisture. Add butter, shallot, and garlic to the pan. Saute 1-2 minutes. Add fresh thyme and rosemary. Cook another minute or until herbs become fragrant.
3. Pour white wine into pan with mushrooms to deglaze; scrape up any stuck-on bits using a wooden spoon. Cook until most of the wine has evaporated.
4. To the mushrooms add cream and Minute Rice. Stir until evenly distributed in pan. Place cooked thighs on top of rice. Lower heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and stir in grated parmesan cheese. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve hot.
What are some of your favourite hearty Fall recipes?
Disclosure: This post was in partnership with Minute Rice Canada. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own...