There are just some mornings I don’t want to get out of bed. There is nothing I could use more than an entire morning (I’m talking all the way to noon here) in bed. Snuggled under the covers. Reading all my favourite blogs. Watching Saturday morning TV. Drinking coffee with Bailey’s. Relaxing.
But alas my dog needs me. My family needs me. Work needs me. Every weekend has been go-go-go since the start of 2014. One of these weekends I will get my own way and spend the entire morning in bed. Hoping it’s sooner rather than later…
Easy Spring Vegetable & Bacon Frittata
This refreshing frittata is filled with light spring veggies and a generous sprinkling of bacon and cheese. Perfect for an early morning breakfast, or serve with a side salad for brunch.
3 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
1/4 cup diced red and/or green peppers
1/4 cup diced onion
1/2 cup mushrooms
3 asparagus spears, cut into pieces
3 large eggs
1/4 cup of milk
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook bacon according to package instructions. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a pan over medium-high heat, sauté peppers, onions, mushrooms and asparagus until tender-crisp, approximately 3-4 minutes.
4. While vegetables cook, whisk together eggs, milk, and salt & pepper.
5. Add sautéed vegetables to a lightly oiled baking dish. Pour in eggs. Top with cooked bacon and cheddar cheese.
6. Bake in preheated over for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set in the middle. Serve hot for breakfast, or alongside a salad for brunch.
How often to do you spend all morning in bed?