Sometimes I bite off more than I can chew when it comes to appetizers. Take my Fig, Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Crostini with Fig Balsamic Reduction for example. As easy as all the elements are to prepare individual, pulling it all together and assembling it was kind of time consuming.
And while I am not a fan of time-consuming appetizer recipes, I am a fan of appetizer recipes that appear to be time-consuming. Like the Caramelized Pear + Walnut Topped Baked Brie I made last weekend. What appeared to take me 30+ minutes to prepare, actually took me 10. So if you’re looking to impress someone this weekend, this is the app to whip up!
This baked brie appetizer will be the talk of your next get together. Creamy brie is topped with sweet pears and crunchy walnuts, making for a delicious spread on crackers or a baguette.
1 large wheel of brie
3 ripe pears (I used Ontario Bartlett)
Handful of chopped walnuts
1/4 raw sugar
1. Cut the rind off the top of the wheel of brie. Place cut side up in brie baker.
2. Wash, and slice pears into 1/2 inch thick slices.
3. In a large frying pan, over medium heat, cook sliced pears until they start to release moisture, about 1-2 minutes. Add raw sugar. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for another 4-5 minutes.
4. Once sugar starts to thicken and coat the pears add the walnuts. Continue to cook until most moisture is evaporated and pears and walnuts are lightly coated.
5. Pour mixture over brie, or if you want to get fancy, layer each individual piece of pear around the top of the brie and scoop walnuts on top.
6. Once you arrive at your final destination, or if you are preparing this at home, pop brie baker in a 350C oven just until the brie starts to bubble and melt.
7. Serve with crackers or baked baguette slices.
Keywords: Baked Brie, Baked Brie with Pears, Easy Baked Brie