Fish is a dish that I try to prepare at least once per week. It’s easy, versatile and of course very good for you. Paired with fresh sauteed mushrooms and organic spinach from our CSA, this dinner was delicious and filling!
The crust on this salmon is a very fragrant and flavourful Thai Chili Lemongrass Coating by “Joe’s Tasty Travels.” I recently picked it up at Walmart for $5, and it was totally worth it! I’ve been using it on all my fish.
Salmon with a Thai Chili Lemongrass Crust served with Steamed Spinach, Balsamic Mushrooms and Basmati Rice
1 large fillet of salmon
1/4 cup Thai Chili Lemongrass Coating by “Joe’s Tasty Travels”1 tbsp of olive oil
2 handfuls of fresh spinach
6 crimini mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
basmati rice, prepared
1. Preheat oven to 375. Place salmon in glass baking dish. Press Thai Chili Lemongrass Coating onto top of salmon. Bake 15-20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
2. While salmon bakes, heat oil in pan on medium heat. Add bunches of spinach and saute until wilted.
3. In a separate non-stick pan, saute mushrooms with balsamic vinegar, 6-7 minutes.
4. Prepare basmati rice as per package instructions.
5. Serve saute mushrooms over a bed of spinach, alongside rice and salmon.