Sweet, salty, crunchy, fresh… I don’t know what Halloween would be like without Candy Apples. And I must confess, this is my first attempt at making candy apples… Turns out it is actually quite easy. Who knew, right?
These candy apples are made with creamy caramels, pecans, chocolate and McIntosh apples, but the possibilities are endless as far as toppings go! You could try dark chocolate rolled in crushed Oreos, or how about a caramel, chocolate, peanut butter mixture… yum!
Caramel, Pecan Candy Apples
2 McIntosh Apples
1 tbsp 5% cream
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup chocolate chips melted (for drizzling)
1. Wash apples and insert wooden lollipop stick into stem end of apple.
2. Microwave caramels and cream in a large glass bowl for 1-1.5 minutes or until caramels are melted and smooth.
3. Dip apples into slighlty cool caramel until evenly coated.
4. Sprinkle chopped pecans on a plate, and roll caramel covered apples in pecans or press the bottoms of the apples into pecans.
5. Melt choclote over a double boiler or in microwave. Srizzle chocolate over apples or before rolling in pecans dip the bottoms of the apples in the chocolate.
6. Refrigerate apples on a tray until hardened.
7. Eat directly off the stick or slice into quarters for easier enjoyment.
8. Top it all off with my free printable “Trick or Treat” label.
What candy do you most look forward to most at Halloween?