Ok, so I might still be on some type of Mexican food kick ever since visiting San Antonio last month… I still haven’t fully satisfied my craving, but I thought I would try… This recipe essentially kills a lot of birds with 1 stone… The “spicy food” bird, the “I’m craving a burger, sooo bad” bird, and the “I should be eating healthy!” bird.
But I will tell you which bird this recipe does not kill… the “easy” bird! I’m not saying this recipe was extremely hard, but there are many little parts to it, especially if you are making the Spicy Aioli & Guacamole from scratch. So if you are looking to speed things up in the kitchen I would use a jar of premade Aioli and Guac.
This burger HIT THE SPOT! It was exactly what I needed, and was super delicious! “J” even said that it was probably the best thing I have ever made… even better than the Lasagna!
Cajun Spiced Turkey Burger with Spicy Aioli & Guacamole
4 Kaiser Buns
1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
1 large egg
1/4 panko bread crumbs
1/4 cub Italian bread crumbs
1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
4 red onion slices
8 slices Jalapeno Havarti Cheese
1. Mix turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, and Cajun seasoning in a bowl. Form into 4 patties. Grill on indoor George Foreman Grill (or outdoor BBQ) until cooked through, and the inside is no longer pink.
2. If making the Guacamole & Spicy Aioli from scratch, make them now. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Slice buns. Top bottom with Guacamole, top lid with Aioli.
4. Top each burger with onion and cheese. Heat just until cheese is melted. Place hot burger on bun.
5. Serve with Sweet Potato Fries!
What’s the best recipe you have ever made… or tried?