I wish I had something more interesting going on in my life right now that I could tell you about… I guess that I should at least attempt to cross some things off my Summer List…
Ah well… Last night the sisters and I got together for our regular Thursday night shenanigans…
We had a ass-ton of mushrooms left over from an event we did a few weeks ago, so we decided on the obvious… stuffed mushrooms…
Who doesn’t like stuffed mushrooms? Really?
Mostly Healthy Cheesy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
6 large crimini or white mushrooms
1 package crab meat (imitation crab meat if you are cheap like me!)
3 oz plain or flavoured cream cheese
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided x 6
1. Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
2. In a large bowl, combine chopped crab meat, cream cheese, and seasoning… mix it up real well.
3. Spoon the filling evenly into caps, and place in shallow baking pan or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper… I tend to go the parchment paper route because it’s cleaner and I am lazy.
4. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top.
5. Bake in a 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and juicy, and the cheese on top is bubbly and melted.
6. Serve to everyone immediately… or take the tray and run, lock yourself in nearest room, and scarf them down yourself… 😉
I know a lot of people don’t like mushrooms, do you have a vegetable that you don’t like?