You should have seen this coming… another show has come and gone, and once again, my fridge is full of mushrooms. So far it has been mushrooms for breakfast… lunch… and dinner. And although you might think this recipe was for breakfast… it was actually dinner.
Portabella and Veggie Omelette
Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 of a red pepper, chopped
1/4 of a green pepper, chopped
1/4 of a red onion, chopped
1 large portabella, cut into strips
1 oz feta cheese
1 oz grated mozzeralla or havarti
1. In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a hot pan saute veggies until tender-crisp. Set aside.
3. In a large pan, set to low-medium heat, cook eggs. As mixture sets at the edges, with spatula, gently push cooked portions toward the center. Tilt the pan to allow uncooked egg to flow into the empty spaces.
4. Once eggs are set, sprinkle with cheese and top with cooked veggies.
5. Fold the omelette in half and slide onto a plate. Enjoy!
Makes 1 hearty omelette
What is your favourite breakfast food for dinner?