Quick and easy, this festive baked brie is the perfect appetizer for any holiday gathering. Rich and creamy brie is topped with sweet caramelized pears and crunchy walnuts before being baked until melty! A drizzle of local honey adds an irresistible touch of sweetness making this an appetizer that is sure to disappear quickly!
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp water
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 large wheel of brie
3 very ripe pears
Honey for drizzling
- Cut the rind off the top of the wheel of brie. Place cut side up in brie baker.
- Wash and slice pears into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- In a medium frying pan, over medium heat, cook sliced pears until they start to release moisture, about 1-2 minutes. Add sugar and water. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once sugar starts to thicken and coat the pears, add the walnuts. Gently stir until pears and walnuts are lightly coated.
- Spoon mixture over brie, or if you want to get fancy, layer each individual piece of pear around the top of the brie and scoop walnuts on top. At this point you can refrigerate until you are ready to bake.
- To bake: place brie baker in a 350C oven for 10-15 minutes or until the brie starts to bubble and melt.
- Serve with crackers or baked baguette slices.
Keywords: Baked Brie, Brie, Brie and Pears,