Classic peanut butter cookies get dressed up for the holidays thanks to a creamy peanut butter and jelly filling! A classic combo that is sure hard to resist!
1 cup Kraft peanut butter
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
sprinkle of nutmeg
5 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup Kraft peanut butter
1/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 jar Bonne Maman’s Strawberry and Wild Strawberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), cream together peanut butter and butter on high until light and airy.
- Add both sugars and continue to beat on high until sugar is incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix just until eggs are blended.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Using a rubber spatula, mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, roll dough into a 1.5 inch ball. Place on parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Using the tines of a fork, press each ball of dough down. Rotate fork and press again if you wish to make a cross-hatch pattern.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until puffed up. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly on sheet until firm enough to move to a cooling rack using a spatula. Allow to cool completely before filling.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), cream together cream cheese and peanut butter on high until light and airy.
- Add icing sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Using a knife or off-set spatula, spread about 1 tbsp of filling onto flat side of peanut butter cookie. Add 2-4 tsp (depending on your personal preference) of jam. Gently place another peanut butter cookie on top, creating a sandwich. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Keywords: Peanut Butter Cookies, Filled Cookies, Peanut Butter and Jelly