These Mini Pavlova “Nests” are the perfect dessert for Easter! Fill them with fresh fruit for the adults and mini eggs for the kids… or set up a station where your guests can top their own!
6 egg whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
1.5 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup each
Garnish: whipped cream, lemon curd, fresh mint leaves, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, sliced strawberries, mini eggs, other Easter chocolates
- Preheat oven to 250F (120C).
- In a stand mixer beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar; continue to beat until whites form soft peaks.
- Gradually add sugar, pouring in 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and whites hold stiff, glossy peaks. Beat in vanilla.
- Spoon or pipe meringue onto two parchment-lined baking sheets; pipping 8-10 “nests” per baking sheet. Make sure the edges are built up enough to be able to hold a filling.
- Bake until firm, about 1 hour. Turn off oven and leave meringues in oven with the door closed for an additional hour. Remove from oven and set aside to let cool completely.
- To assemble, place meringue nest on a plate and top with garnishes of your choice!
Tip: If you do not have cream of tartar handy substitute 1 tsp of white vinegar.