Mmmmmm. Ohhhhhh. Awwwwww. Oh yeah, it’s getting pretty tasty up in here!
If I had to pick one dessert that was simple, delicious and perfect for any occasion, I would pick Pavlova. There is something about the lovely texture of pavlova that always has me coming back for more. The beautifully crisp outside mixed with the slightly chewy inside… oh yeah, that’s a combo that’s hard to resist! Not to mention it’s easy to dress up with a tangy lemon curd or dress down with a medley of sweet spring berries!
This dressed-down version of Pavlova is super simple to put together… which is what you want when you are trying to pack the entire family into your house on a busy Easter Sunday! Prepping the berries and baking the Pavlova the night before allows you to throw this stunning dessert together in no time flat! No really, it will take you longer to warm and slice an apple pie than it will to assemble this scrumptious treat! So get to it! Your guests will be arriving in less than 24 hours!Print
This fancy dessert comes together quickly and is the perfect sweet treat for any family gathering!
6 egg whites
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1.5 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup each raspberries, blueberries and sliced strawberries
Garnish: Icing sugar and fresh mint leaves
- In a stand mixer beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar; continue to beat until whites form soft peaks.
- Gradually add sugar, pouring in 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and whites hold stiff, glossy peaks. Beat in vanilla.
- Spoon or pipe meringue onto parchment paper forming two large “nests.” Make sure the edge is built up enough to be able to hold a filling.
- Bake in a preheated 250F (120C) oven until firm, about 1 hour. Turn off oven and leave meringues in oven with the door closed, for one hour. Remove from oven and set aside to let cool completely.
- In a stand mixer add whipping cream and beat on high until soft peaks start to form in the cream. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- To assemble, place meringue nest on a plate, spoon in a dollop of whipped cream, and top with fresh berries, mint and a sprinkle of icing sugar.
If you do not have cream of tartar handy substitute 1 tsp of white vinegar.
Keywords: Pavlova, Pavlova Cake, Pavlova Dessert, Easter Pavlova
Hope you are all enjoying your Easter long weekend!