1. The views! The view from the office. The view from my hotel room. All amazing!
2. Dinner at Carnival. This restaurant might seem a little over-the-top and extravagant, but the atmosphere is so fun, and the food was to die for! We had Guacamole for our starter, then I topped it off with a Raspberry Mojito and Gnocchi for my main… I didn’t want to stop eating.
3. Swissotel. If you have never stayed in a Swissotel, I highly suggest it. The lobby was very cool, and unexpected, when you first walk in… bright colours, beautiful glass bulbs hanging from the ceiling… it was just all around swank. And the rooms… immaculate.
4. Thank you random fire drill at the office for keeping me on my toes. Nothing like shuffling 100 people down 2 flights of stairs to get your heart pumping in the morning!
5. The sites. I had an two hours of downtime after dinner on Tuesday, so I took the opportunity to do “the tourist thing,” and walked around and took pictures. I didn’t make it out to “The Bean” the last time I was in Chicago, so I made sure to check that out first. I also walked a good chunk of the Magnificent Mile while looking for H&M… I didn’t end up finding it.
6. I can assure you this trip was not just pleasure, I did have meetings all day Tuesday & Wednesday, which brings me to me next point… I get to work with some pretty awesome people.
7. This always makes the list when I travel, but coming home is one of the greatest things about a trip… ahhh my own bed!
What places are you looking to travel to this summer?