Everyone knows the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, right? So cook him something delicious, romantic, and homemade for Valentine’s Day… like this Meatless Lasagna… well it’s almost completely homemade… but he’ll never know 😉
1/2 lb crimini mushrooms, finely diced in the food processor
1 tbsp olive oil
1 jar four cheese pasta sauce
1/2 container low-fat ricotta cheese
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
1 package premade, fresh lasagna sheets
1/2 cup grated marble cheese
1/4 Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350C.
2. Dice mushrooms in food processor until finely diced, about the consistency of ground beef. Heat oil in pan on medium-high. Saute mushrooms until most of their moisture has evaporated.
3. Add jar of pasta sauce and heat through.
4. In a bowl, mix ricotta with spinach.
5. Spray a large lasagna pan with non-stick spray. Layer in ingredients, starting with mushroom sauce mixture on bottom, followed by lasagna sheet, ricotta spinach mixture, then sauce. Repeat until you reach the last sheet, then top with sauce, grated cheese and Parmesan.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
TIP: If you like it spicy, add ½ tsp crushed red chili flakes to the sauce mixture.
Do you plan on eating out on Valentine’s Day, or cooking up a storm at home?