This easy to make crisp is exactly what I look for in a Valentine’s Day dessert! The sweet peaches pair perfectly with the fresh raspberries, the crisp oat topping adds just the right amount of crunch and the scoops of vanilla ice cream melt oh-so-nicely overtop! Love at first bite!
2 cups canned peaches, sliced
1 cup fresh raspberries
2 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup butter, melted
Icing sugar for sprinkling (optional)
2-4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray 9-inch pie plate (or 9×9 inch pan) with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl toss peaches and raspberries with sugar. Pour filling into pie plate.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter. Mixture should come together into a dry crumble; mixture should not be wet.
- Cover the fruit evenly with crumble oat topping.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until crumble is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before sprinkling with icing sugar and serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.